All members are required to adhere to the CII Code of Ethics, a
set of principles ensuring we maintain the highest standards of
integrity, probity and ethical fair dealing.
Ethics is a cornerstone of professionalism, and ethical
behaviour is crucial in the battle to secure public trust and
confidence in the insurance sector, and to build a reputation which
The CII Code of Ethics has been designed to provide members with
practical, realistic guidance to follow in the course of their
As such, members are required to:
- Comply with the Code and all relevant laws and
- Act with the highest ethical standards and integrity.
- Act in the best interests of each client.
- Provide a high standard of service.
- Treat people fairly regardless of age, disability,
marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, race, religion or
belief, sex, sexual orientation or transgender.
To help members understand and apply the Code of Ethics, the CII
provides an online ethics training course and CPD events throughout
the UK through the local institutes.
Find out more about the Code of